So, does removing tonsil stop tonsil stones and the causes likewise? Let’s find the answer!Any available home treatments: As time goes on, the bond of materials resulting in bigger calcification, so it will be hard to wipe off using medications. Some examples of the home removal:
- Medications, such as antibiotics may quickly remove. Unfortunately, the given effects are merely temporal, so there is a possibility to recur.
- The mostly simple thing to erase tonsil stones is using Q-tip. This home removal is believed to work in some people. Firmly pressing towards the white stones until dislodged.
- To remove the stones, effectively using the oral irrigator. Ideally irrigating your mouth using the waterpik. The powerful stream of spray may puncture the tonsils, so you may not be careless while using it.
- The oral probiotics has been believed by many people to hamper the growth or bacteria causing tonsil stones. This preventive method has purpose to avert the causes. However, the scientific proof of efficacy has not been existing yet.
Tonsillectomy and risks
Tonsillectomy is a surgery for lifting tonsils. It is one of the common procedures to overcome infection and tonsillitis. Nowadays, the tonsillectomy has purpose to relieve the respiratory disorders causing hard to sleep, when the tonsillitis give no response towards other medications.
However, tonsils are mainly needed to cure respiration problems, or other issues related to the swelling of tonsils, and treating the rare diseases of tonsils. The patients who took the surgery must undergo recovery within 10 days to 2 weeks.
Some of possible risks which may happen after going under the knife:
- The failure to relieve sore throat, or get rid of ear and sinus infection.
- The bleeding. In some rare cases, this will happen and immensely need the blood transfusion.
- The infection, dehydration, or the long term pain.
- The permanent vocal change.
- The failure to cure snoring, or sleep apnea.